Twisted Veins – which was previously branded as Cheetah Mounts and Mediabridge both provide quality HDMI cables in the lower priced end of the market. There are many customers who use cables from both brands with their home entertainment systems because the cables are backward compatible with other HDMI components you might be using. Mediabridge has been selling on Amazon for considerably longer than Twisted Veins, however customers will often stay with a favorite brand.
Product Details Twisted Veins
The cable is suitable for use on multiple HDMI devices such as a HDTV, computer, Xbox and the Sony Play-station.
- Features the latest 1.4 standard and is HDMI compatible with the latest devices
- Supports high speeds and is 1080P, and 3D capable
- Gold connectors are used to improve connectivity
- Ethernet ready for Internet applications
- Comes with Audio Return
- It features an attractive braided jacket for extra protection as well as superior insulation
- Double shielded for excellent picture and sound quality
- Length: This product comes in 5 different lengths, you can see them all here.
- Item No: ACHB6
- Warranty: 30 days?
What’s Great About Twisted Veins
- Excellent price
- The listed specs were similar and of an equal standard to the high end, more expensive cables
- Looks attractive
- Excellent quality cable
- Connectors are very well insulated
- Extras that are included (90 degree connector and velcro straps)
What’s Not So Great
- Very basic packaging
Customers who have purchased this cable and have left feedback give this cable an outstanding rating. Approximately 90% of customers give this their best endorsement. To read what customers had to say, you can read the reviews here.
While this cable has only been on the market for a short time, it has become popular very quickly because it offers a combination of low price and high performance. HDMI to AV is something customers actively search for so that their entertainment systems deliver synced picture and sound. If you wanted to check for the most current price, you will find it here.
Product Details Mediabridge
Premium grade connector shielding is achieved via the use of a unique full metal jacket and is a fully shielded heavy duty 28 gauge premium grade cable with a soft PVC jacket.
- It supports 3D Technology, 4K, Ethernet Channel, Audio Return Channel, 1440p and 1080p FullHD resolution
- It is Category 2 Certified, High-Speed 10.2 gbps / 340 MHz
- Fully compatible with Blu-Ray, 3D Television, Roku, Boxee, Xbox360, PS3, Apple TV, Streaming Players
- Comes with Official ‘Adopter’ Certification
- Item Weighs: 7 ounces
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
What’s Great About Mediabridge
- Great picture and sound
- Great price
What’s Not So Great
- The wonderful picture and sound that you get at the start, only lasts for a few weeks
- Cables sometimes appear to be poorly assembled
A huge number of customers have purchased and left feedback for the Mediabridge cable and the give it an outstanding rating. We rate this cable at 4.7 out of 5 stars. To read what customers have to say, you can read the reviews here.
This is an HDMI quality cable as its ratings and feedback clearly suggest, and it has been available on Amazon for almost four and a half years. Customers have supported the brand as they will most often seek out a low cost cable, particularly when it has been proven to perform as well as high end cables.
If you would like to check for the most recent price for this cable, you can find it here.
As you can see, Mediabridge has a huge market share compared to
Cheetah Mounts Twisted Veins and their stats continue to attract more customers. While the difference in the length of time both companies have been selling their respective cables is large, it is obvious that the older company has a more consistent track record in relation to their rating quality over a longer period of time. Customers of both brands have had good things to say about the cables and technically there is little difference between them. You can’t really go wrong with either brand.