The AudioQuest Forest HDMI Cable is designed to connect compatible HDMI devices such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray players, computer monitors, PCs as well as HDTVs. Forest cables have been designed to take advantage of the latest technology as well as being backward compatible with existing systems. An AudioQuest HDMI Cable is considered to be ‘advanced’ and is ready for new HDMI developments.
Because this AudioQuest cable is ‘advanced’, it features high speed Ethernet and can provide crisp audio and video for your enjoyment. It is HDMI 1.4 compatible which ensures transfer speeds for 1080p/120Hz, 4k, and 3D video. It also supports an Ethernet channel function as well as an audio return channel.
HDMI Forest cables are ‘mid-range’ priced cables which customers have found to be a good compromise between the very cheap HDMI cables and the very expensive ones.
For best results, connect the the AudioQuest cable using the directional arrows on the connectors from the video source to the TV. For example, if you are connecting a DVD player then the connectors should be connected in the direction of the TV…the direction of the data. The image of the cable on this page would connect to the TV.
Features Of the AudioQuest Forest
- Design – a high-speed with Ethernet 1080p/120Hz-4K-3D cable suitable for connecting devices with HDMI connectivity up to HDMI version 1.4
- Conductors – are of a solid long-grain copper design which is used to prevent any reduction in signal quality and/or loss. The copper which is used is high purity.
- Length – 3 Meters
- In-Wall Installation – this flexible feature ensures that the cable can be installed through a wall with no loss of audio and video quality – rated at CMG/FT4
- Insulation – is polyethylene – Solid
- Contacts – are gold plated Type A, which are standard
- Jacket – is made from dark colored PVC
- Audio Signal – is directional and features directional arrows to ensure you are connecting the signal source to a receiver
- Transfer Rates – high speed rated to support Ethernet, ARC, 1080p/120Hz, 4K and 3D
- Video Resolutions – 4K support meaning 3840 x 2160 or 4096 x 2160 and beyond 1080p
- Ethernet – Adds high-speed networking to an HDMI link, allowing users to take full advantage of their IP-enabled devices without a separate Ethernet cable.
- ARC – Allows an HDMI-connected TV with a built-in tuner to send audio data “upstream” to a surround audio system, eliminating the need for a separate audio cable.
- 3D: Defines input/output protocols for major 3D video formats, allowing true 3D gaming and 3D home theater applications.
Brand Name: Audioquest
Item No: HDMIFOR03
Connector Type: HDMI A
Connector Gender: Male
Warranty: 5 Years
What’s Great About the AudioQuest Cable
- Good quality picture and sound
- Possible better quality than Dynex and Monster cables
- Screen is brighter
- Price is very reasonable
- Can handle the latest Blu-ray technology
- Doesn’t have interruptions to picture and sound as can happen with less expensive cables
What’s Not so Great
- The usual debate about high end and cheap cables resulting in customer confusion
A few customers have left written reviews for the AudioQuest HDMI Cable and they give it an above average rating. Things customers like about it include improved picture and sound, interruption free audio and video, ability to handle the latest technological developments as well as the price. A few customers thought this cable was too expensive and didn’t see any improvement over the less expensive cables. To see more about what customers have to say, you can read the reviews here.
Recommendation – Quality construction, but expensive
The AudioQuest Forest HDMI Cable is available online and comes with free shipping, if you qualify. To check for the most current price, you can find it here. Reviews are excellent for the Audio Quest HDMI Cable, customers have left positive feedback about its performance and have rated it accordingly. We think this is an up and coming cable so based on customer feedback, we are pleased to recommend the AudioQuest Forest cable.