Both of these brands sell quality HDMI cables which can provide excellent audio and picture for both gaming and home theater purposes. They are both also compliant with the latest HDTV technology as well as being backwards compatible with other HDMI devices. Mediabridge is slightly more expensive, but this does not seem to have affected the popularity of the product in any way. They are also a relatively big player in the ‘low end’ HDMI cable marketplace.
BlueRigger has been selling HDMI cables for approximately two years longer than Mediabridge however, the competing brand appear to be much more widely known. Customers who have purchased cables through both companies though, appear to be very happy with the product.
Product Details BlueRigger
- Category 2 Certified – 10.2 gbps/340 MHz (Supports 48-Bit Deep Color and 240hz Refresh)
- Supports all latest HDMI features such as 3D, Ethernet, Audio Return, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master AudioTM
- Fully compatible with all Blu-Ray, PS3, Xbox 360. Resolutions up to 1080p and beyond
- Fully Shielded Premium Heavy Duty braided Cable – 6ft
- One year warranty
- Item Weight – 7.2 ounces
- Great price and excellent quality
- Picture and sound are perfect in all respects
- Stiffness in the cable at the ends
This cable receives high ratings from customer. To read what customers have to say, you can read the reviews here.
At the time of writing the price of the BlueRigger HDMI Cable is very reasonable and a savings off the list price of $14.95. To see the most current price, you can check here.
Product Details Mediabridge
Premium grade connector shielding is achieved via the use of a unique full metal jacket and is a fully shielded heavy duty 28 gauge premium grade cable with a soft PVC jacket.
- Supports 3D Technology, Ethernet, Audio Return, 4K, 1440p and 1080p Full HD Resolution
- Category 2 – 340 MHz/10.2 gbps High-Speed
- Compatible with 3D HD, Blu-Ray, Boxee, Roku, Xbox360, PS3, Streaming Players, Apple TV, HD Cable boxes
- Adopter’ official certification
- Item Weight: 7 ounces
- Lifetime Limited Warranty
- Great picture and sound
- Great price
- The great picture and sound that you get at the start, only lasts for a few weeks
- Poorly assembled cables
Customers give the Mediabridge and outstanding rating. To Read what customers had to say, you can read the reviews here.
The price of the Mediabridge HDMI Cable is very reasonable which is a incredible savings off the list price. To see the most current price, you can check here.
As you can see, both manufacturers have a product which are similar. Mediabridge has a certified ‘adopter’ status though where BlueRigger does not. In the overall context though, there is little to choose between. When a product has a lot of excellent reviews, as is the case with Mediabridge, it can tend to attract even more. In any case, either of these brands will provide you with an excellent inexpensive HDMI cable.
Read a detailed review on the Mediabridge Ultra Series HDMI Cable.
Read a detailed review on the BlueRigger High speed HDMI cable with Ethernet.